The deadline for submitting artistic proposals to participate in Fira B! 2023 is from December 19, 2022 to January 29, 2023, at 11:59 p.m., through the form or, in the case of music, also through Gigmit.
1. Musical projects that release or have released a new album or EP between January 1, 2021 and November 30, 2023 can submit a proposal. Additionally, they must have performed five live concerts since January 1 2021. In the case of artists from the Balearic Islands, one of the concerts must have taken place outside the autonomous community.
In the event that the recording has not been published at the time of the request, it is necessary to provide evidentiary documentation that the date of publication corresponds to the indicated dates. This documentation will be assessed in commission and appropriate checks can be made, if applicable.
For artists from the Balearic Islands only in the field of classical and contemporary music, due to the specifics of the sector, they do not need to have recorded any disc, but they must have performed in a professional environment at least five times, as at least three times outside the autonomous community since January 1, 2021.
Proposals submitted that do not meet the requirements may exceptionally be considered, provided the committee considers it so.
Proposals with the same repertoire that has been performed in any previous edition of Fira B will not be accepted!
The groups / artists who have not performed at Fira B! will have preference in case of doubt.
Showcases that include a minimum of two original works by composers from the Balearic Islands will be given priority.
2. Applicants must have available audio (published on digital distribution platforms) and audiovisual material (at least one of the videos must be live) and must have a website and/or social media profiles.
3. All musical genres can be presented (pop, rock, jazz, classical, electronic, etc.). Artists/groups must have the ability to tour and perform other promotional events.
4. The official program will feature 30-minute showcases.
5. The programming must ensure, as far as possible, the presence of artists from all the Balearic Islands and must guarantee gender parity, based on the criteria proposed by the Keychange movement.
6. The proposals must present a description in one of the three working languages of Fira B! (Catalan, Spanish or English) and an EPK in English.
7. All proposals sent will be reviewed by the organizers, who will ensure that they meet the minimum criteria to be able to participate in the fair. Then the proposals will be sent to a selection committee made up of experts in the different genres which will carry out the selection according to the following criteria:
8. The artists presented in the official program will receive a fee that will be calculated based on the number of participants in the production (artistic team and up to two members of the technical team). For those artists who need to travel to Mallorca and who do not have financial support from any institution, travel expenses (up to a maximum of €60 per person to travel between islands, €150 per person to travel from peninsula, €300 per person traveling from Europe and €800 per person from outside Europe) and one night's accommodation (up to 100 € per person) will be reimbursed.
9. The technical coordination of Fira B! Reserves the right to adapt the technical riders to the venues, according to the schedule and the complete program.
10. The artistic selection will be available on the website of Fira B! (www.firab.org).
11. All artists featured in the program authorize photographs, video recordings and streaming of their performances at Fira B! for dissemination purposes, both in the media and social networks, and for archival purposes.
1. Companies or artists of performing arts that have performed at least 3 times since January 2021 out of their place of origin in a professional environment may submit a proposal for Fira B! 2023. In the case of companies from the Balearic Islands, they must have acted at least 3 times since 1st January 2021 outside the island of residence in a professional environment.
Proposals submitted that do not meet the requirements may be considered exceptionally, if the commission considers it suitable.
Productions that have already been scheduled in previous editions of Fira B! will not be accepted.
Preference will be given to companies/artists who have not performed in any edition of Fira B!
2. Artistic proposals of all the scenic disciplines (text theater, theater of gesture, dance, circus, theater of objects and puppets, street theater, new languages, etc.), of shows already produced and with possibilities of external outreach can be submitted.
3. The proposals will be reviewed by the organizers regarding the minimum requirements and will be evaluated by a committee of experts according to the following criteria:
4. Companies selected in the official program will receive financial compensation corresponding to a percentage of the artistic fee of the show. This amount will be agreed with the coordination of Fira B! and will be at most the 60% of the artistic fee, as long as it does not exceed the limit of 3.000 € (corresponding to this percentage and taking into account the budget availability). The artistic fee that appears in the dossier has to be the 100% of the artistic fee of the show.
5. If selected, the artists will have to adapt to the date, location and time slot of the official schedule. Fira B! reserves the right to adapt the technical data to each stage space, taking into account the schedule and the rest of the program.
6. For those artists who need to travel to Mallorca (artistic team, up to two members of the technical team and one agent), travel expenses will be reimbursed as well as one night accommodation, up to a maximum amount that the organizers will agree. If necessary, loading expenses may be charged up to a maximum amount that the organizers will agree.
7. All the artists selected in the program authorize photographs, video recordings and streaming of their performances at Fira B! 2023 for professionals and for dissemination purposes, both in the media and social networks, and for archival purposes.
8. The artistic selection will be available on the Fira B! website (www.firab.org). The program must ensure, as far as possible, the presence of artists from all the Balearic Islands and must guarantee gender parity.
9. Theater companies that use text in their performances will provide subtitles or explanatory material in other languages (preferably in Catalan or Spanish) for professionals who require it.
Please fill in the form by clicking on the corresponding icon.:
If you prefer, send your music application through Gigmit:
We use our own and third-party cookies to improve our services and show you advertising related to your preferences by analyzing your browsing habits. If you go on surfing, we will consider you accepting its use. You can change the settings or get more information.