1. All performing arts and musical projects both from the Balearic Islands and elsewhere may apply. Performing arts productions included in Fira B!’s 2016 and 2017 programme cannot be submitted again. Bands or soloists included in Fira B!’s 2016 and 2017 programme must have a new album released after the year in which they played at Fira B! In order to achieve Fira B!’s goal of making the musical and theatrical creation of the Balearic Islands known worldwide, the programme will feature at least 70% of artists from the Balearic Islands.
2. For the performing arts, original texts and/or choreographies from Balearic playwrights or choreographers will be highly valued.
3. For music, showcases including original works by composers from the Balearic Islands will be highly valued. Applicants must have at least a published album and available audio and/or audiovisual material.
4. All genres in the performing arts may be submitted (text theatre, gestural theatre, dance, ballet, circus, stand-up comedy, object and puppet theatre, street theatre, etc.); all musical genres may be submitted (pop, rock, jazz, classical, electronica, etc.). The works may be ready to tour or in progress looking for partners with which to end the process. Should this be the case, these proposals will be included in the presentation programme at the conference, aimed only at professionals. Fira B! does not programme shows for children or family audiences.
5. The official programme will feature several formats and show duration: full version, abridged version, project presentation of works in progress, video projections, etc. All selected productions must adapt to the most suitable format, depending on the date, slot and location for the show, and also taking into account the full programme. Moreover, there will be activities only for professionals, where speed meetings, presentations and networking events will take place; these will be available for all professionals attending Fira B!.
6. All submitted proposals will be reviewed by the organisers, who will send them to a selection committee made up of experts in the different genres. Said committee will carry out the selection according to the following criteria:
7. Applications may be submitted from 15 February to 22 March 2018.
8. Performing arts companies or music artists featured in the official programme with full shows will receive a fee to be calculated depending on the number of participants in the production (artists and technicians).
9. Fira B!’s technical coordinators reserve the right to adapt technical riders to venues, based on the venue’s schedule and the full programme.
10. Performing arts companies that use text in their productions will have informative material available to the professionals that require them.
11. All artists featured in the programme will sign a letter of intent, in which they confirm their participation in Fira B! within a month of the artistic selection being announced.
12. The artistic selection will be available on the websites www.iebalearics.org and www.firab.org.
13. All artists featured in the programme authorise photographies and video recording of their performances at Fira B! for broadcasting purposes, both in the media and social networks, as well as for archive purposes.
Compulsory information to be submitted:
All documents must be included in the application before 22 March 2018.
Please fill in the form clicking on the corresponding icon:
We use our own and third-party cookies to improve our services and show you advertising related to your preferences by analyzing your browsing habits. If you go on surfing, we will consider you accepting its use. You can change the settings or get more information.