Fira B!'s fifth edition opens the presence of artists from the Islands to new markets and is consolidated in the European market
Fira B! shows once again in its fifth edition that the music and performing arts showcasing festival of the Balearic Islands not only grabbed the attention of the approximately 15,000 spectators who have attended its shows between the Thursday 3 October and the Sunday 6 of October, but it also had a very good response from the promoters and other professionals, who have highlighted the quality of the proposals of the artists from the Islands. Fira B! has opened up to new markets, as well as it has consolidated the European market.
In this way, Fira B! wraps up its fith edition with very positive results of assistance to music concerts and performing arts shows. Fira B! 2019 has registered 14,980 spectators in a total of 52 concerts and 29 performing arts shows.
In 2019, the professional conference, held simultaneosly, had 47 activities, between presentations, workshops, talks, meetings, speed meetings, etc. Fira B! has registered more than 50 hours devoted to professional activities and networking events between artists and programmers.
More than 600 professionals have attended the conference. Fira B! has had promoters and other professionals from more than 20 different countries and four continents: Europe, Africa, America and Asia. The professionals have been able to establish direct contact with musicians and perfomermers from the Balearic Islands, who have presented their work through showcases, performing arts shows or through meetings and talk that have taken place at Fira B! 2019. The professional conference has allowed to open the debate and generate synergies between artists and promoters and other professionals, who value very positively the quality of the proposals of the artists of the Balearic Islands.
Fira B! 2019 contacts have been made with festival promoters of such important spaces as:
- Jazz at Lincoln Center (United States)
- Library of Alexandria (Egypt)
- SIM Sao Paulo (Brazil)
- Glasgow Jazz Festival (Great Britain)
- North Sea Jazz Festival (Netherlands)
- Amersfoort Jazz Festival (Netherlands)
- SummerFest Milwaukee (United States)
- Ronnie Scott's (London Jazz Club)
- Bimhuis (Netherlands)
- Mercat de Música Viva de Vic (Catalonia)
- Circostrada (France)
- BIRCA creation center (Denmark)
- PTL Dance Theater Ljubljana (Slovenia)
- MuZo Dance Theater (Italy).
This year's figures show that Fira B! 2019 has consolidated as an essential annual event on the agendas of professionals and artists from the music industry and performing arts sector.
The location of the shows and the selection of spaces have given very positive results that are reflected in the large number of spectators. Above all, it highlights the quality of the proposals and the good results of the professional conference, which have led to many meetings, both programmed and spontaneous, and hiring of professional artist.
Fira B! 2019 figures
- The inauguration and closure shows have been given by successful island creators in their respective fields; The festival opened with Maika Makovski in a sold out show at the Xesc Forteza theater in Palma and closed with Sa Mateixa', a project by Manacor singer Joana Gomila.
- More than 40% of the performing arts shows of Fira B! 2019 were created by women (13 of 29).
- More than 90% of performing arts shows (28 of 29) have had the participation of women, both in the artistic and technical fields.
- More than 40% of the concerts have had women's participation (24 of 52).
- The artistic program of Fira B! 2019 has had a fixed percentage regarding the origin of the creators: with 70% of artists from the Balearic Islands and 30% of state and international artists.
Fira B! 2019 has had a large number of sold out shows:
Fira B! 2019, the Music and Performing Arts Showcasing Festival and Conference of the Balearic Islands was held in Palma from October 3 to 6, 2019, organized by the Regional Ministry of the Presidency, Culture and Equality, through the Institute of Balearic Studies, and with the collaboration of the Consell de Mallorca and the City Council of Palma.
We use our own and third-party cookies to improve our services and show you advertising related to your preferences by analyzing your browsing habits. If you go on surfing, we will consider you accepting its use. You can change the settings or get more information.